Starting a dog walking business does not have to an expensive, complicated process – anyone can start a dog walking business…
To start a dog walking business you only need to be aware of a few important things that will make all the difference in getting clients and making money.
Before you start a dog walking business you need to be certain there is a market for your services otherwise you may as well save yourself some time and look into something else (like starting a pet sitting business). Here are the 7 steps you need to be aware of when you start a dog walking business, and why they are so important to know a lot about to help start a dog walking business off on the right foot:
- You need to know how to determine the feasibility of starting a dog walking business in your region. Market research is the first step to start a dog walking business and is always the most important step as it ultimately gives you confidence that you business has the right conditions to succeed.
- Next, you need to know what the expenses to starting a dog walking business will be. You know exactly how much you will need to save, or spend right away. Fortunately most people want to start a dog walking business because it can be one of the most affordable types of businesses you can get started with – even if you are strapped for cash you can still get one going with little money.
- Once you know that you have the market and are aware of the startup costs to starting a dog walking business you need to outline a list of service offerings for your dog walking business you can make extra money off of (such as mail pickup services, plant watering, and even feeding of other pets like hamsters!). This is a crucial step and could result in an increase of your revenue as much as 150% if well thought out!
- Now that you know what service offerings you are going to offer, you need to define your service rates so when you start a dog walking business you will make top dollar for your services while still being competitive in your market! This requires a bit of research of your competitors, but more importantly coming up with reasons to make your service seem that much more valuable than the alternatives.
- It might seem like a fairly straight forward process to start a dog walking business by this point, but now you need customers – often the most difficult part for many business owners. This means you need to create a marketing plan and budget to start a dog walking business that ensures you are getting maximum exposure for every dollar you spend in announcing and opening your new dog walking business. The key here is to not only get noticed, but to doing it in a way that allows you to spend the majority of you time operating your business while still using marketing strategies that work for you that don’t require all of your valuable time.
- Now that you have a foundation to start your dog walking business you need to think about the day to day operations part of this business. This means you need to develop customer service policies and procedures for your dog walking business to keep your clients happy and confident that you have all your business affairs in order!
- The final part in planning how to start a dog walking business requires you to know where to find all the critical resources you will need to get certified and trained to give your business a competitive edge over other similar businesses in your area! You will also need to think about liability issues and have contracts and forms in place to protect yourself in the rare event that you have an accident or make a mistake that causes harm to a pet, property or person.
Each one of these 7 steps are important to do well and completely when you start a dog walking business. Overlooking just one of them could make you end up losing a lot of money, or worst yet failing altogether!
Forget about all the articles and information you have found on the internet talking about how easy it is to start a dog walking business using only a dog leash, some flyers and classified advertising. If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it!
What you really need is tried and true business model that takes into consideration all of the important problems and realities that face real life business owners. Depending on how serious you are, you may want to consider one of the following options to help you start a dog walking business as quickly and efficiently as possible:
|Consider investing in our “How to Start a Dog Walking Business” kit that not only includes a detailed guide about how to start a dog walking business, but also all the necessary resources and templates you will need to get up and running in as little as a week!
Act today and save a lot on the regular price, plus get everything in the next 5 minutes by electronic download!
|Sign up for our free how to start a dog walking business mini course that gives you a brief outline of the 7 steps to starting your dog walking business sent directly to your email inbox ever 1-3 days. This is a great option if you’re not too serious about starting your dog walking business but would like to know more about the 7 steps involved in starting your dog walking business.|